As I continue to push boundaries, set new goals, and work with others to achieve their dreams, the importance of story and community has never been more prevalent. I firmly believe we cannot achieve our goals alone and it takes community and sharing of experiences through story to encourage and inspire. I’ve been fortunate enough to work with and make several partnerships prior to the achievement of the Triple Crown (see below), but also continue to work with some amazing folk to further the dream as I continue to evolve and frame what my future in swimming looks like. I’m thrilled to have partnerships with the following, supporting athletes, swimmers, and recreationalists in their dreams and adventures in the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
Red Paddle Co., https://redpaddleco.com/
I’ve been on the search for a swim parka for years and I finally found one that has me head over heels! In partnership with Red Paddle Co, their Red Original changing robe has me hooked! With the long sleeve options perfect for cold water and ice swimmers, they also have a short sleeve option that is great for extra mobility and warmer weather swimmers. I love the bright color of the Hawaiian blue, which reminds me of the sun reflecting off the water, and adds visibility for swimmers to shore while their land support walks along side them. It’s super roomy for wetsuit swimmers too, you can change into and out of your wetsuit all under the robe! They also have changing towels and other items along with their ever popular paddle boards, which are a great cross-training activity. It keeps me warm and has enough room to layer up. Plain and simple, its the best!
Skratch Labs, www.skratchlabs.com
I continue to work with and use Skratch Labs hydration products as my number one nutritional product for all my swims. It’s simple, it uses real fruit, it doesn’t make my stomach sick, and it tastes good. I’ve met a lot of great athletes through my previous time as a Skratch Ambassador. We’ve created a network of friendship that extends beyond state lines to support and help each other in events. My favorites are Lemon & Limes, Hot Apple Cider, and the Feed Zone Portables cookbook for all my backcountry hike-in-to-swim adventures.
Your Partnership, Our Triple Crown Dream Realized
I had a dream of completing the prestigious Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming and on June 30th, 2018 that dream became reality as I moved in at number 175 on the list of historical Triple Crown Swimmers (courtesy of Long Swims Database, a Marathon Swimmers Federation project). To become a Triple Crown Swimmer, an individual must complete the following three recognized marathon swims:
- The Catalina Channel: Completed September 1, 2016, standard course 20.2 miles (33km) across the Catalina Channel in Southern California
- The English Channel: Completed August 23, 2017, standard course 21 miles/32km across the English Channel between Dover, England and Cap Gris Nez, France (all swim lengths, times and courses vary)
- 20 Bridges/Manhattan Island Circumnavigation: Completed June 30, 2018, standard course 28.5 miles (45.8 km) around Manhattan Island in New York
Understanding no dream is achieved alone, I am proud to have represented, partnered with and be sponsored by the following businesses and individuals as we made a dream of achieving the Triple Crown a reality.
Triple Crown Business Partnerships & Ambassador Programs:
Skratch Labs, www.skratchlabs.com
Build Performance Center, buildperformancecenter.com
VO2 Multisport, www.vo2multisport.com
Sam Day, Artist, www.samday.com
Larry McDonough, Triathlete Extraordinaire, shares his most memorable triathlon, the Lake Sammamish Sprint in June of 2013:
Mary Foster, Triathlete Wonder Woman, shares her most triathlon career highlights:
Business Supporters and In-Kind Donations:
- PRM Sports Therapy: I have been going to PRM for the past year and a half for sports massage therapy. My muscles recover quicker and faster after each treatment. Thanks, PRM, for your continued support.
- Unilever USA, Vaseline Brand: Donation of Vaseline jelly for my English Channel swim. Vaseline is my anti-chafe product of choice, a brand of Unilever, committed to increasing the footprint of sustainable living. Thanks, Unilever, for your support.
- Samena Swim & Recreation Club: Donation, pool space, time and lifeguard for 100x100s Swimtacular. Samena is my hometown pool and training location of choice, plently of pool time, and great membership rates. Thanks, Samena, for your continued support.