How to Donate
To donate, please refer to my fundraising site: CrowdRise – Melissa’s Triple Crown of Swimming Fundraising Page: Let’s Go to England! You can also donate through cash, check or PayPal. Use the Contact page to request additional details.
To become an Individual or Business Sponsor, please refer to the Sponsorship section at the bottom of this page, all sponsorships retroactive available. Thanks again and looking forward to a successful swim with the best team and crew around!
Where does my money go? Great question!
- Channel Expenses: Your donation will help cover expenses for the English Channel attempt in 2017 (boat, crew, travel, lodging, supplies, etc). These are direct expenses fully funded out-of-pocket by Melissa.
- The Zoo Society: A percentage of all monetary contributions will be donated to The Zoo Society, a 501(c)3 non-profit fundraising organization whose purpose is to lend financial, volunteer and community support to the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in order to promote responsible stewardship of earth’s limited resources through education, conservation, research, preservation and recreational opportunities throughout the Pacific NW, the Pacific Rim and beyond. I am proud to support a local organization equally passionate about animal conservation and wellness. Read more about it on my Community & Giving Back page.
- Operation Shark Dive: As lead for the Veterans Affinity Network at my place of work, I am proud of giving back to the veteran community, specifically to Operation Shark Dive, run through The Zoo Society and Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium. Operation Shark Dive is a unique therapy to provide area veterans with another tool to cope with the physical and mental wounds of war. Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium is working with officials at Joint Base Lewis-McChord and its Warrior Transition Battalion to provide the dives as a service to the local military community.
All donations welcome (Seashell Level). Individual and corporate sponsorships are also available:
- Individual, $250 or in-kind equivalent: Includes, but not limited to, your name included on my swim blog, social media sites, and on Swimmer/Supporter/Crew apparel (shirts provided as thank you to sponsor).
- In-Kind Supporters, Less than $500 Business in-kind equivalent: Includes, but not limited to, company name and/or logo included on swim blog and social media sties
- Seashell Level, $500 Business or in-kind equivalent: Includes, but not limited to, company name and/or logo included on swim blog, social media sites, and on Swimmer/Supporter/Crew apparel (shirts provided as thank you to sponsor).
- Sea Glass Level, $1000 Business or in-kind equivalent: Includes, but not limited to, company name and/or logo included on swim blog, social media sites, fundraising events, and placed on Swimmer/Supporter/Crew apparel (shirts provided as thank you to sponsor). Product testing, reviews, public appearances and speaking events to support and promote business products.
Please view all Individual, In-Kind Supporters, Seashell and Sea Glass Level sponsors on my Sponsors page.
Sponsors, please contact me for additional information using my Contact Page. Individual/Business Sponsorships retroactive available to take into account donations previously submitted.
Thank you so much and I look forward to achieving our dream together!